Sunday, September 9

Hair tales

I have always loved playing with hair.  Mind you, I've never been particularly good at it, but I've always enjoyed it.  It may have something to do with the fact that I didn't have a very girly haircut as a kid.  Thanks, 80s.  I hate you.

Moving on.

My mom isn't very girly, so I was all on my own figuring out how to do my hair growing up.  My favorite tool in elementary school was my crimper.  I know I thought I was as cool as this girl . . . 


Unfortunately, I didn't master crimping all the way around my head.  That's right.  I just crimped the front.  It was ground-breaking.  Totally revolutionized the world of hair.  Look out, Vidal.  Give me a break.  I was 9! All I know is that my crimped hair was flawless in my 3rd Grade school picture.

Well, I've come a long way since 3rd grade, thank goodness.  The last year, however, has made the biggest difference.  Why, you ask?  One. Word.


Y'all.  Pinterest makes me look like I know what I'm doing.  It's SO FUN!  I've been on Pinterest for a little over a year, and I decided early on that I wasn't just going to pin stuff, but that I would actually try to do a lot of what I found fun and inspiring.  Here are a few simple looks I've done that were all inspired by styles I found on Pinterest:

Beachy Waves
The Twist
Easy Twist & Pin



Twist on the bangs w/ hair up
Twist on the bangs w/ hair down

Posh Faux Hawk

Fishtail

All of these looks are on my "Frilly and Flirty" board if you want to take a look and try them for yourself :)

Thank God 3rd grade is over.

Happy hair styling!







No comments:

Post a Comment