Sunday, September 23

From Grandmother's kitchen . . .

No doubt we all have certain foods we grew up eating from our mom's or grandmother's kitchen that never quite tastes the same when we ourselves try to re-create it.

For me, one of my favorite things that my Grandmother made was Banana Bread.  Now, there are a million versions out there, but I'm telling you - this is THE best!  I still miss eating it out of her kitchen, but it's still super yummy!

I know with fall in the air most of us are craving pumpkin-something, but I promise you won't regret adding this recipe to your fall baking.  It makes the perfect breakfast treat on a crisp, fall morning!





Grandmother's Banana Bread


1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla

1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda

2 large bananas mashed
1/2 cup pecans

Beat butter, sugar on med til creamy - add eggs, vanilla, buttermilk

Combine the dry ingredients. 
Then mix them in gradually with the creamy mix. 
Add bananas and nuts. 
Bake 50-60 min at 350

We were so excited when it came out of the oven I forgot to take a picture of the finished loaf!  Ha! :)

Weight Watchers makes the perfect-sized individual servings of Cream Cheese - I add one on top of a warm slice of this Banana Bread - it melts in your mouth - so good!!

*I tried this recipe one time with Splenda.  Not the same.  You might like it, but it wasn't our favorite.

Happy baking, and Happy Fall!



No comments:

Post a Comment