Sunday, May 6

Spring Break, baby!

Ok.  So Spring Break was like a month ago, but here's the recap.

We are from Savannah, Georgia.  Savannah, if you haven't already heard me say so, is the best place in the world.  Naturally, any chance we get, we go home to Savannah, so that's exactly what we did for Spring Break this year.

It was a chill trip, but had some great highlights.  We showed up at the tail end of the Savannah Music Festival, so we went to hear Chris Thile.  If you don't recognize his name, he's the mandolin player from Nickel's Creek.  He's ah-mazing.  Sick.



We split our time between my parents and Adam's parents, but for the concert we were actually all there together, which was awesome.  Sadly, I rarely think to get pictures of all of us together.  I need to get better about that.

We hung out with Adam's parents one night and my MIL had pulled out a bunch of old photos.  I love old pictures!  Here are a few I loved.  These are all centered around Adam's grandmother.  She was pretty cheeky.


Her wedding day.  


This was in her year book from her last year of high school.  Each senior was recognized, but read carefully the descriptions!
If only students all dressed this well today.  Love the hair!
How cute are these two?? Love the glasses.
Of course, we always spend time at our favorite coffee shop, Gallery Espresso.
Tea for me, please!


Finally, I did a little window shopping downtown.  So many pretty things to look at!
In the south, we believe in large menus and leather fly swatters.  We mean business.

Adam's {current} favorite drink is an Old Fashioned.  A book on bitters made me think of him.
Bottles and letters...

These nose forms were once used to make masquerade masks.

I loved this - there was a bin FULL of vintage jewelry.  This was my favorite bag I found.  It has a pin in it that says, "Perhaps Today".  So cute.

I need a new wreath for our front door.  Let me know if you want to buy this one for me.

If I could pull off sailor shorts, these would be it.  Blue or orange?

We also had a delicious dinner at Sol.  I need to get better about taking pictures with the people I'm actually with.  Next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment